Information we collect
We collect two types of information from our clients and visitors to our website:
- Personal information which includes but is not limited to our client's name, residential address, date of birth, e-mail address, employment details and information relating to your financial circumstances; and
- Traffic pattern information relating to the visitors to our website.
The personal information of a client is collected at the time of applying for an SCML trading account. SCML will limit the collection of personal information to what is necessary in order for us to provide the client with the required products and services. SCML may also collect other information from time to time, for example by client surveys which may be used for research and feedback purposes to improve the services and products we offer.
SCML collects traffic pattern information such as information on the pages the visitors to our website access and how many users log into our platform(s) on a daily basis. This kind of information is only used in an aggregated form.
Disclosure of your information
Information collected may be disclosed to law enforcement agencies and other relevant organisations for crime detection and prevention purposes.
Where applicable, SCML may exchange information or share the personal data of the client with the introducing brokers with whom the client may have an agreement and where the client has consented to the disclosure of that information.
SCML does not sell any personal data to third parties but may add personal data collected to the database of the Saxo Bank Group which includes entities that are outside the EEA. A list of the entities within the Group can be found on www.saxobank.com.
Use of your information collected
SCML uses both the personal and aggregated information that is collected to:
- improve the content and layout of the website;
- notify clients about updates to the website; and
- send out newsletters or information for marketing purposes about product and services offered that are similar or related to the products and services provided or previously provided to the client. Should the client not wish to receive such communications, please email:
Accuracy of your personal information
We endeavour to ensure that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and up to date. If the data we hold about you proves inaccurate or outdated, we will correct it upon your request.