How to get started trading Futures with Saxo Capital Markets UK?
What are Futures Exchanges?
A futures exchange or futures market is a central financial exchange where investors can trade standardized futures contracts; that is, a contract to buy specific quantities of an asset at a specified price with delivery set at a specified time in the future.
Where to trade Futures?
The Chicago Mercantile Exchange (CME) is the largest futures market in the world and many sophisticated brokers will provide access to futures markets too, but it is not universal.
How you choose which index you want exposure to will very much depend on your trading preferences. Some investors prefer to stick with what they know and trade on “local”, domestic exchanges while others might opt to trade on international exchanges. Just be aware that when trading on international markets may bring additional tax complications.
For exposure to commodities futures:
- ZG - The 100 troy ounce Gold future of Globex (CME Group) in the US.
- ZI - The 5000 ounce Silver future of Globex (CME Group) in the US.
For index futures exposure:
- DAX - The primary index future of the DTB (Deutsche Boerse) in Europe.
- FTSE - The primary index future of the FTSE 100 (London Stock Exchange) in the UK.
- CAC40 - The primary index future of MONEP (Euronext Paris) in Europe.
- YM - The mini Dow Jones index future of ECBOT (CME Group) in the US.
- ES - The mini S & P 500 index future of Globex (CME Group) in the US.
For exposure to currency futures:
- EUR - The Euro to US Dollar future of Globex (CME Group) in the US.
- GBP - The British Pound to US Dollar future of Globex (CME Group) in the US.
- CHF - The Swiss Franc to US Dollar future of Globex (CME Group) in the US.
- AUD - The Australian Dollar to US Dollar future of Globex (CME Group) in the US.
Why trade Futures with Saxo?
- With more than 200+ contracts spanning 22 global exchanges, you have access to broad and relevant market coverage from around the world – including CME Group, Eurex and Euronext.
- Trade from a wide range of asset categories like energy, agriculture, precious metals, currencies, softs and Stock Indices with assets ranging from traditional commodities such as coffee and wheat to palladium and copper.
- Free access to the Hightower Report available daily on the Saxo platform, offering analyses, market reports, key industry statistics to help traders devise Futures strategies that best capture the market’s potential.
- Award-winning technology: choose between SaxoTrader and SaxoTraderGO
Open a demo account in 3 easy steps